1.Lord, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.
2. Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.
3. The enemy pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in the darkness
like those long dead.
4. So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.
5. I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.
6. I spread out my hands to you;
I thirst for you like a parched land.[a]
7. Answer me quickly, Lord;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
8. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.
9. Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
for I hide myself in you.
10. Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
11. For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
12. In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.